Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Snippets


This morning seemed to come suddenly--when my back-up alarm went off, it read 7am. What!!??! My run is usually finished by that time, or at least half-way. Why did I sleep so long? (oh yeah, late night addiction to Prison Break...) But I am out the door running by 7:15. These are the conclusions I came to on my usual 5-miler today:

1. A head wind is not necessarily a bad thing. Just turn around and there is the extra ooomph you need to finsh the second half of your run.
2. If I make myself run for 10 minutes, 95% of the time, I will finish the run I set out to do.
3. A nice accompaniment to a run is a bus stop full of boys playing their ukuleles.
4. Drinking fountains are very nice to come upon during a sweaty run.
5. People who honk at a runner while they (in the car) are still behind the runner are not very nice people. Especially when seen laughing as they drive off...
6. The hymn "Master, the Tempest is Raging", with its perky up-tempo, is an interesting and helpful song to have in your head during a run. It keeps the stride short and efficient.
7. I really, really like pumpkin pie.
8. I am going to be bummed out if BYU discontinues their Masters program in HIstory.

So that is it. These are the types of things that go through my mind while running. I know, I am a very profound, intellectual type of girl...tee hee!

ps. this is me and my running buddy Karen after last year's Great Aloha Run

5 comments:

luisaj said...

You run 5 miles EVERY day? I really like pumpkin pie, too.

Luisa Perkins said...

If "Master, The Tempest is Raging" were going through my head during one of my runs, I'd have to stop, curl up, and die. ;)

You so inspire me. I'll be thrilled when I can get my daily run up to 5 miles. Right now I'm brilliant if I do 3; 2 and change is much more common.

anjmae said...

please don't curl up and die! and no, I run four or five days per week, with my Saturday run being slightly longer. This is actually a very light schedule--this is the first year since 2001 that I haven't run a marathon...oh well

Karen said...

Look what happens when I leave you to run by yourself! :)

Jenna said...

I don't even have to get out of bed to know that I really, really like pumpkin pie.