Thursday, January 31, 2008

Wha? I have to do, like, stuff?


I am tired today.  I do not know why, but what I would really like to do is go back to bed for a couple of hours, get up and eat hot buttered toast, play a few songs on Guitar Hero (more on that later), take a walk on the beach, take another nap, do some yoga and then eat some homemade macaroni and cheese.  Bed by 8pm, perhaps.

But no, it is a work day.  By this, I mean a workout-homeschool-errands-pay-bills-children's-lessons-in-town-make dinner-for-everyone-and-perhaps-their-dog-as-well-visit-teach-mow-lawn-show-house-and-take-care-of-sick-husband-day...so far, I have accomplished the first one, but only part of the next and nothing else.  I did veer a little off the path and make a cup of hot cocoa with my fabulous Dagoba cocoa powder, which was quite lovely.

So, I will take it an hour at a time.  Perhaps some magic person will come along and do my stuff for me.  But that is not going to happen, so I will, as my friend Heather would say, "nut up" and do it myself.   And perhaps make it to bed by 10.  That will do.

It might be an ice cream night...

ps. this is me at Andrew's wedding reception--I was much more energetic that day!!

2 comments:

Luisa Perkins said...

It's a great photo! Sorry you're having a bummer of a day; I totally get that. I'm emailing you....

Jenna said...

Oh, girl, I have those kinds of days all the time too. But at least you put your workout first and get it done! That's a good day right there! You can go to sleep guilt-free! And eat ice cream guilt-free!