Monday, June 15, 2009

I've Returned....


Well, well, well.  After over a year of silence, I have finally decided that I shall once again post! I know you all may have lost faith in me, but this year has been a constant stream of upheavals and transitions. I'm not done with all of that, believe me, but the time has come to stop putting off the inevitable, suck it up, and tell my news.

It is funny, now that I have started in again and people have long since asking me if/when I am going to update my blog, I don't feel like I have much to say.  Yet, when I start thinking of the year that I have had, I realized that I have accumulated all sorts of new random facts and ideas.  Here are a few:

1. 99% of preschoolers pick their noses openly.  While staring straight into your eyes.

2. The picking of said noses does NOT indicate boredom or spite. It simply means that the picker simply wants his/her nose free of obstructions.

3. Throwing up on one's preschool teacher does not lead to embarrassment of the vomiter. It leads to endearment and trust of the vomitee.  This I know from personal experience.

4. Going back to work after 12 years of at-home mommy-ing makes one slightly grouchy and tired.  But we all get used to it! It is kind of like when we send our children to all-day school for the first time, and for a couple of weeks, they need naps again.

5. Children say hilarious things all the time, if you're listening.

6. First grade children can do lots more things that 3-year-olds, and, for the most part, with the same amount of innocence.  Bonus:  they still like picture books and to be read to in silly voices.

7. It is somewhat funny (to me) when your own (usually older) children start making their own life choices, and then HAVE TO LIVE WITH THOSE CHOICES.  My favorite:  "I think our rent is too much! We still have to pay it, right?" 

8. Weddings are fun when you get there, but not as much fun to do the legwork to get ready for one!  (PS: the "perfect" orange colour is ever so elusive!!!)

I realize I am starting to ramble, but there is so much to say now that I have gotten going!  Stay tuned for updates on the upcoming grandma-hood that I am about to embark upon, and the Ironman that I, in a state of temporary insanity, have signed up for (luckily, I have a year to lament/train).  Love to you all!!!!!

Anj

3 comments:

Karen said...

wooohooo...you are back...I am so excited!

The Hair Family said...

I love reading your thoughts! Keep it coming. Thanks again for coming over for Ellie's big day. It was awesome to see you.Thanks for the cute blanket and outfit too!! I love them!
Love,Wendy

Luisa Perkins said...

SOOOO glad you are posting again! You totally cracked Christian and me up with your list. My favorite: the rent comment.