Today, my lovely sister tagged me for this "10 Random Things About Me" meme and I have been thinking about it ever since. So, in no particular order (duh, RANDOM) here we go:
1. When I am old(er), I want to teach at a university and have grey hair and ride my motorcycle to classes and have a great time molding young minds and grading lame papers.
2. I hate cookie dough. I taste it when I bake to check for salt, but it gives me the heebs.
3. I am afraid of old carpet. When I move into a place, I have to change the carpet or I can't sit on it.
4. Dolphins fascinate me. I know it sounds cliche, but I love, love them and I want to be one. I swam out to be near them at Waimea recently and I could hear them calling to each other under the water. It was incredible.
5. I have always wanted to be a folk singer. I can only sing in a very limited range and I don't know how to play the guitar, but I know I could do it if I had the chance.
6. I want to be on Survivor. I have a great idea for an audition tape...
7. I never get blisters when I run. Even during my longest runs. I know that sounds like bragging, but it truly does surprise me from time to time, like during last week's marathon, where I ran in wet shoes and socks for the first 18 miles (after that, just my socks were wet. No blisters).
8. I don't eat pork. Ever.
9. I am slightly obsessed with cultural dancing and music. I love to lose myself in other cultures--it makes me feel grounded somehow.
10. I have a grey eyebrow. It is over my left eye and not very obvious. But I found it. And now it must die.
There. I don't know ten people to tag, but everyone should do this! It is fun! And, what is more fun than FUN?!!?
So have a great day and celebrate your randomness. Your 'you'-ness. You ROCK!
ps. the guy in this picture really did run the marathon wearing just this red thing. I passed him on several occasions and every time, I have to admit, I did a double-take. Why? I ask you, why? I just don't get it...